Deactivate Messenger Account
Once in a while, everyone will feel the need to delete their instant messaging application and break the constant digital interaction. There can be many reasons why you will want to deactivate your account. You will have to deactivate your Facebook account before you deactivate your Messenger account because you cannot deactivate your account without deactivating your Facebook account.
Some of the reasons that can influence you to deactivate your messenger account are:
- To ensure your privacy,
- You might want to use other instant messaging applications,
- To escape the vicious circle of social media,
- You want to reconnect with the real world and priorities face-to-face communication.
Therefore, deactivating your Messenger in this day of age can be seen as a bold and courageous act of self-care. As we all know, it’s the age of constant communication and technological use, reducing to use of socials and choosing to use actual human interaction for communication defying the digital network.
If you should deactivate your Messenger account, you can follow this easy step-by-step guide to do so:
- Initially, launch the Messenger application on your Android device, if not installed you can click on this link to download the application “Messenger – Apps on Google Play“.
- Now, tap on your menu on the top left of your mobile screen.
- After tapping on the menu, look for the settings icon. Tap on the icon after locating it.
- Then, look for “Account Setting” and tap on it.
- This will open the Facebook settings because we cannot deactivate Messenger without deactivating the Facebook account.
- Now, go ahead and tap on the first option given “Personal Information”.
- After that you will have to choose the last option “Manage Account” which will then take you to the last phase of this process.
- Lastly, you will have to click on deactivate and enter your current password then press continue.
- Finally, your account is deactivated.
Congratulations! You have successfully deactivated your account and now you are free to choose any kind of communication medium which fits your needs.